It’s been almost exactly two and a half years since my last VB48 update! Although I did set the system up again after that (my last post talked about cleaning out the bin), it has been used almost exclusively as a holding bin for the worm mix material I sell up here in Canada.
Seeing as it is currently my “off season”, and since I’ve been feeling pretty vermi-inspired lately, I thought it would be fun to finally start using it as a “normal” worm bin (aka Compost Guy experimental bin – so likely not normal at all! haha) once again.
The first thing I did (another day earlier in the week) was harvest a big bag of living material (in this case, A.K.A. unscreened vermicompost) for use in my Worm Inn Mega system. This was accomplished via a basic “light harvesting” approach.
You can see in the first image below that (more…)