March 1, 2018
Quick little update on the “Hair Shirt Vermicomposting” front…
It’s been nearly 3 weeks since I set up a small system to test the use of cloth (mainly from clothing) and pet hair as “bedding” materials. As you may recall, I am using carrot peelings as my “food” for this one.
Similar to my Tea Bag Vermicomposting project, this is definitely going to be a pretty “slow” system (i.e nothing super excited will likely happen any time soon). But that’s OK!
One factor playing a role right now is (more…)
For some reason I felt like I was overdue for a Tea Bag Vermicomposting update (turns out I was actually about a week early), so I checked on things (and created a video) yesterday.
Everything continues to move along very nicely in the bin. It smells great, looks great – the worms are doing very very well. So I am definitely happy with the progress.
Something I touch on in the video is that this is (more…)