Sorry it’s been SO LONG since my last Worm Inn Mega update!
Goofball antics aside, I just wanted to provide a brief follow-up to my last Mega post. As you may recall, I didn’t add my usual layer of bedding when I fed last Thursday.
What’s interesting is that the level has been dropping down quite quickly since then – and the upper zone is absolutely crawling with worms.
I decided to “push my luck” a bit today by adding even more food – just over 10 lb (brings the total to ~ 84 lb) – along with a THICK layer of living material over top. Again, I chose not to add ANY dry bedding this time (although, I should point out that there was some bedding already mixed in with the food).
I am curious to see what happens if I continue to use this approach. I have a hunch that the overall level of material will drop a fair bit as unprocessed materials further down decompose.
Perhaps I won’t need to harvest quite as soon as I anticipated!