It’s FINALLY here, folks! The Red Worm Composting “5000 Facebook Fan Fest!
After having so much fun with our “1000 Facebook Fan Fest” back in the spring, I decided we should do it again! Of course, this time around I wanted to make it even BIGGER and BETTER than before (somehow I don’t think the “2000 Facebook Fan Fest” would really cut it – haha)!
We’ve got a much BIGGER goal to shoot for; there are MORE (and BETTER) prizes to win. There are even MORE opportunities to win! It’s gonna be a blast!
OK – the first order of business is to hammer out some official rules here – PLEASE READ THE RULES CAREFULLY before participating!
- You may choose 5 Dates (possible dates for the RWC Fan Page hitting the 5000 fan mark) – UPDATE: See new rules (in red) down below
- Aside from leaving comments here (for the benefit of others and to make it more fun!), YOU MUST email me (not Mark) your official entry in order to qualify. Please include your first and last name (general location would be great, but not critical), your 5 dates (year, month, day), and include “Contest” or “Facebook” in your subject line. No email, no entry in contest! Okely dokely?
- Unlike the first contest, multiple people can choose the same date – all those who choose the correct date will have their names tossed in a hat and winners will be drawn. If there aren’t enough people on the winning date, the two closest dates will be used (and those names will be drawn for remaining prizes), and so on and so forth
- The deadline for getting your entry in is Thursday, November 25, 2010 (likely a familiar date for my American friends) at midnight EST
- Speaking of “EST”, that will be the “official” time zone for winning date (in case we hit the mark near midnight like last time!)
- “Mark from Kansas” IS eligible to participate (since I know Larry Duke is going to ask!) LOL
- Unfortunately, most of the prizes will only be available to those living in (mainland) USA and Canada – but there will be some “bonus prizes” (to be announced at a later date) available regardless of location
- Prizes MAY change between now and the end of the contest – but they can only get better (or remain the same).
**Important Rule Update (Oct. 11)** – I’ve decided to reward those who don’t wait until the last minute to submit their dates for the contest. Here is the breakdown in terms of how many guesses you are entitled to, based on when you send them in.
Oct 11-Oct 16: 8 dates
Oct 17-Oct 31: 7 dates
Nov 1-Nov 15: 6 dates
Nov 16-Nov 25: 5 dates
All those who have submitted thus far are allowed to send me three additional dates.
1st Place – 2 lb of Red Worms + Worm Inn (and stand kit) + Bonus Prize
2nd Place – 1 lb of Red Worms + 1 lb of European Nightcrawlers + Bonus Prize
3rd Place – 1 lb of Red Worms OR 1 lb of European Nightcrawlers (your choice) + Bonus Prize
4th Place – Bonus Prize
OK – clear as mud?
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to let me know in the comments section – and again, please DO tell everyone your chosen dates here as well so that we can all see what dates people are choosing (but of course, don’t forget to email me your “official” entry).
On a semi-related note, I wanted to take the opportunity to “share the love” a bit with our last two interview participants. Both Heather and Maria have their own Facebook Fan Pages, so please do “like” those pages while you are in Facebook mode. Here they are:
UPDATE: Cristy has also created a Facebook fan page now as well. Be sure to give her a “like” while you are at it: SLO County Worms
Oh – one other thing. In the spirit of the contest please “like” the heck out of this blog post (button below), and blast out some “tweets” (if you are a tweeter on Twitter! haha). I myself, while certainly a “twit”, have yet to get really active on Twitter. One of these days, though, I tell ya I’m just going to break out and go crazy with it! I can feel it!
(@CompostGuy, in case you are curious)
THANKS EVERYONE!!**Harness the Power of Worms- Join CGU Today! >>Learn More<<**