Howdy folks! I have yet another Crazy Q&A session for your listening enjoyment (lol)!
Those of you who’ve been listening to all of them will undoubtedly notice some overlap of topics. As I’ve said, I’m basically just sitting down and responding to questions one after the other – there is no sorting, grouping by topic etc.
I personally feel that revisiting these topics is never a bad thing since it can help to reinforce the concepts/approaches I discuss.
NOTE: I mention at the end of the podcast that I answered 10 questions. It was actually 9 – I just realized that I accidentally skipped over one! Whoops! (will definitely respond to it in the next session)
Topics Touched On
– Are crushed egg shells dangerous for worms?
– Keeping composting worms in the Florida heat
– Fruit flies – are they a real problem?
– Periodic cleaning out of a Worm Inn – is this needed?
– Possible to have too much pine straw and oak leaves as bedding?
– Rabbit cages over worm beds – do urine-rich zones of the bed need to be removed?
– Leachate dilution ratio
– Vermicomposting coffee grounds, beer mash and newsprint
– Ideal system for school classroom + use of rabbit droppings as worm food.
Hope you enjoy it!