Just a quick update for you on the “Stacking Bin Euros” front.
On Saturday I decided it was time to add a second tray to my WF-360 system. Again, the idea here is to get things moving along as quickly as possible and see how well the Euros are going to adjust to life in this type of bin.
I set up the second tray very quickly – keeping things as simple as possible. I mixed shredded (wet) drink tray cardboard with some food waste and a small amount of aged horse manure (a little extra incentive for the worms), before topping up with more shredded cardboard.
I’ve been monitoring the new tray over the last couple of days and it looks as though some worms have already started to move up. I’ve actually found more Euros than Reds (remember, it was a mix of the two worms I stocked the system with) which is a bit surprising.
Anyway – so far so good! Will be interesting to see how things progress over the next few months.