Sadly, I’ve only installed one of these towers as of writing this post – but I am still planning to put in two or three more. So far, the system seems to be “working” – the two tomato plants adjacent to it look great (although, it’s important to mention that they are also in close proximity to a large worm bed so I’m sure that helps as well).
I’ve included the original photo of the two plants below so you can see how far they’ve come.
As I’ve discovered (without too much surprise – lol), the quantity of waste materials you can add to a 4″ diameter Worm Tower is substantially less than can be added to something like the “Vermi-Fertilization” garbage can system. Still, you could certainly process a lot of waste materials during a typical growing season if you had a bunch of these things installed! One of the key advantages of the much smaller size is, again, the fact that you can put them just about anywhere (the same can’t be said of an in-ground garbage bin, that’s for sure!).
At least one of the yet-to-be-installed towers will be in a location where can more easily determine the impact the system is having. I have a row of pepper plants – all about the same size – so I’ll install a tower at one end of the row.
I’ll be sure to post another update a bit later in the season.