It’s been more than a month since my last VB48 update, and who knows how long since my last video (lol), so I figured why not combine both of these long-overdue activities and shoot a video VB48 update!
As I point out in this work of cinematographic genius (uhhmmm…), this bin has become much more of a vermiculture system than a vermicomposting system. I am far more focused on growing loads of worms than I am on producing nice vermicompost (giving no thought to that at all, in fact).
My lower “skirt” has performed marvelously since I installed it – the two tray down below are both loaded with worms (mostly Euros), and there is NO mess down on my basement floor! I have even set up two similar tray systems up on top for raising even more worms, and those in combination with my bio-plastic “mulch” layer are currently the only thing acting as a cover.
Having loads of fun with “The Beast” – too bad I don’t have more time to play with it! lol