Still running a little behind with my planned Worm Inn updates (had hoped to provide one late last week), but the extra time certainly seemed to help the worms clean up every last remnant of food waste previously added! lol
Given how well the system is performing, I decided to try and “push my luck” a little (lol) by adding quite a bit more (frozen-then-thawed) food waste today – 3187 g (7.03 lb) to be exact!
Mixing the wastes with “living materials” seems to be helping a lot so I’m continuing to do so – in other words, the total amount of material that went into the Inn today was a fair bit more than 7 lb!
Apart from mixing the living materials with the waste, I also decided to use it as a cover material as well. Don’t think I’ll need to worry about any funky smells as a result of this coverage, but ya never know (that IS a lot of waste after all).
As you can see in the picture, the Worm Inn is totally full of material – so I definitely need to get back to harvesting vermicompost from the bottom. I was in a bit of a hurry today, so I’ll likely just wait until early next week to do so (certainly won’t be adding any more wastes between now and then).