Hi everyone! Just thought I’d write a brief post to update you on my progress with my big Euro bin. When I last wrote about all my ‘Euro eggs galore’, a couple of people seemed amazed by the amount of food I was able to get away with adding. As you can see above, much of that food has been processed. Just as I thought, it has taken a decent amount of time (I wrote that post on Jan 17th). Again, this is likely due to the fact that I didn’t cook or shred the materials in any way – nor did I let them rot on ther own at all. It is also fairly cool in the basement where the worms are kept.
I’m pretty easy going when it comes to my worm composting, so I often don’t even do a lot of the things I recommend for newcomers – not because those aren’t good suggestions (They are! Honest! haha), but simply due to the fact that I’m a little lazy at times, and have a very good sense for what can and cannot be done with a given worm bin. A certain “worm sense”, if you will.
A little update on the euro egg situation. I found LOTS today, and many of them look like they are quite mature – the outside is very dark, and the form of the young worms inside is really starting to take shape. I don’t think it will be too long before we see some babies emerging!
Anyway, thats all for now. I’ve included the original photo of the bin with new food in it (below), just so you can see the difference a couple weeks can make!
[tags]european nightcrawlers, nightcrawlers, worm bin, worm composting, vermicomposting, vermiculture, worm cocoons, worm eggs[/tags]** It's a Great Time to Get Serious About Worm Composting - Save $30 on the CG "Ultimate" Package - Click >>Here<< to Learn More. **