That is to say they are breeding like…well…WORMS! Composting worms that is (soil dwellers tend not to be quite so prolific).
Levels of materials in the bin have settled down quite a bit since adding the worms, so I decided to add some more food waste! As I mentioned in my last post, my wife and I have been eating healthier this year and it’s left me with a lot more food waste for the worms (not to mention feeling better!!). Whoohoo!
Below you can see the colourful assortment of food scraps I added yesterday.
Anyway, I’m going to be very interested to see how long it takes before I start finding little euro-babies wiggling around. I found quite a few cocoons that seem to have darkened, and there seems to be baby worms inside – so perhaps it will be sooner than expected!
Speaking of worm babies, I really need to check in on my 4 worm experiment to see if there are any new additions there.
Man oh man – there certainly isn’t a shortage of things to write about on the blog these days!
[tags]european nightcrawlers, eisenia fetida, worm reproduction, worm cocoons, worm bin, worm bins, worm composting, vermicomposting, vermiculture[/tags]**CGU - Your "Ultimate" Worm Farming Education Resource >>Learn More<<**