It’s been a LONG time coming, but I am very excited to announce that I have finally decided to get a Worm Inn Mega set up down in my basement again!
As some of you may recall, I ended up having to take down my last Mega system (probably a couple of years ago) since it was taking up room and we were about to get some work done down in the basement. I have had an outdoor Regular Worm Inn project (links to last post in that series) since that time, but it’s just not the same!
When I finally tracked down the old Mega in my shed this morning, I discovered that some mice had made a nest out of it. They had chewed up the zippered lid so badly that I ended up just ripping out all the screening. Thankfully the Mega itself is completely intact, and even the zippered frame for the lid is fine – so I will likely attempt to sew in a new piece of mesh.
My sewing skills are even worse than my DIY skills, so that should at least be entertaining, if nothing else! lol
In the meantime, I’ll probably just put an old towel or garbage bag in there as a “lid” (once I actually get the system up and running, that is).
I am very excited about this new Mega project! It will be a great opportunity to get the RWC blog going again, and I even have plans for this one to expand beyond Red Worm Composting.
I’ll explain what I mean in my next update.