It’s been a little while (a.k.a. THREE MONTHS! lol) since my last “Euros vs Reds Head-to-Head Challenge” post, and it might have ended up being even longer had the bins not caught my eye the other day. Initially, I was really just curious to see how things looked inside. Keep in mind, these bins have basically sat untouched since my last update! Once I opened the bins, though, I knew I had to at least post a quick update for all of you.
The image below says it all! The difference in the degree of processing between these two bins is unbelievable.
I won’t bother to keep you in suspense here…the really well-processed system is the one with the Euros in it. Judging by my last juvenile/cocoon counts (posted in my most recent update), I guess I shouldn’t be too surprised, but the incredible ability of Euros to process bedding materials is something I’ve see in other systems as well. They really seem to enjoy utilizing shredded cardboard (and similar materials) as an actual food source.
This has me thinking I should set up a smaller experiment to see how these two worms compare when I have an equal weight (biomass) of them in each bin!
Unfortunately, I didn’t have time to count any worms today, but I will aim to do so at some point – I’m certainly curious to know how many worms are now in these bins (and NO, I definitely WILL NOT be trying to count all the cocoons this time around!! lol).** Now is the Time to Get Serious About Worm Composting - Save $40 on CG Ultimate PRO Bundle - Click >>Here<< to Learn More. **