Yet another update for you on the “Worm Inn vs Plastic Bin” front (feast or famine around here with updates, isn’t it?! lol).
I wanted to let everyone know that the stove pellets worked like a charm in the plastic bin, soaking up all the excess (pooling) liquid in the bin. The habitat now looks, and smells, much better! In light of this, I decided to start adding food to this system again.
Today I added 545 g (1.20 lb) of sliced frozen-then-thawed zucchini. I sprinkled some of the stove pellets over top to help balance the water-content of the food. Should be interesting to see how the worms respond.
I also decided to add more of the same material to the Worm Inn. The worms have been doing a great job processing the stuff that’s been added so far!
Today I added 875 g (1.93 lb) of the zucchini. I simply layered it over top of the uppermost bedding layer, and then added a new layer of bedding over top.
Things are definitely coming along nicely with both these systems. I’ll keep you posted on my progress with the project!
Previous Posts in Series
Worm Inn vs Plastic Bin Challenge
Worm Inn vs Plastic Bin – 04-22-13
Worm Inn vs Plastic Bin – 05-06-13
Worm Inn vs Plastic Bin – 06-02-13
Worm Inn vs Plastic Bin – 06-27-13
Worm Inn vs Plastic Bin – 09-18-13
Worm Inn vs Plastic Bin – 09-25-13 ** It's a Great Time to Get Serious About Worm Composting - Save $30 on the CG "Ultimate" Package - Click >>Here<< to Learn More. **